Friday, July 11, 2008

Guten Abend aus Illesheim! I am posting a few photos of where I live, as well as my car. More to follow when I can clean up the car and get it to a more picturesque spot. The plants in the photos are the tomato plants my landlord has growing. The two nearest the camera on the right side are mine. I have already harvested a total of 4 that's vier tomatoes, and they were great. However, perhaps it is the fertilizer, but they are not as sweet as the ones from the garden in Utah. The plants grow vertically, at least this variety does. When they get to tall or cumbersome, they will be trimmed. The tomatoes grow in small bunches of about 4 to 7.
The house is on Hauptstrasse 10 in Illesheim, Germany. It sits on the south west corner with a Church just to the north west. If you Google it you can see the house pretty well. My apartment is on the 1st floor on the north east. Those bottom story windows you see are my kitchen on the left and the two windows on the right are my living room. The yard is small in size, yet there are many flowers and even a flower box by the upstairs little balcony. While I was taking the photos, the landlord and his wife, Herr und Frau Eckardt, poked their heads out the window to see what was up! LoL!
Have a great day and love to all of you.
Dad

No comments: